Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thor (2011)

This movie is loosely based on the mythology of Thor. I have never read the graphic novels, but have been told that the movie follows that continuity. Chris Hemsworth is a very believable Thor. Natalie Portman as the serious scientist and love interest is in her element. Kat Dennings supporting role as the girl friday to Portman's Jane is a standout comedic role.

The story begins on the day of Thor's coronation to king by his father Odin. The coronation is interrupted when someone attempts to break into Asgard's weapons vault. From this point forward, the movie is a roller coaster ride of action. Thor gets cast down to Earth by Odin. When Odin casts Thor out of Asgard, he also sends the Hammer of Thor out of Asgard. Both the hammer and Thor end up on Earth. Thor's fight against betrayal and his search for the hammer lead up to a climatic final showdown that is worth watching. I watched the 2D version. I read that only a few parts of the film were converted to 3D. I really enjoyed the special effects in this version.

For more information on Thor, visit Marvel's Thor page.
http://thor.marvel.com/

This movie was worth the price of a ticket, the buttery popcorn, and the super size Coke Zero mixed with Cherry Coke.

1 comment:

  1. I actually went to go see the midnight launch of Thor in IMAX 3D. I felt it was worth it, but it really seems to be hit or miss amongst my friends. Overall though, I thought it had a good balance of drama, humor, and action to keep me entertained throughout the whole movie. I also loved the Stan Lee cameo, it's always a treat waiting to see where he will pop up in these films. I wonder where they will fit him in for Captain America.

    ReplyDelete