Friday, February 25, 2011

Unknown

In recent years, Liam Neeson has evolved as a actor. His recent movie roles have been quite different from movies such as: Rob Roy, Darkman, and Nell. He's always been a good actor, but now he is completely convincing in any role he assumes. This holds true for Unknown.

The premise is a doctor on his way to a summit in Berlin, gets in a car crash, and then has selective amnesia. The twist is his wife claims he is not her husband, Dr. Harris. His I.D. and passport were not found with him and he only remembers who he is after he sees a news clip about the upcoming summit. When, he discharges himself from the hospital and finds his wife she acts like she doesn't know him. There's plenty of twists and turns and I really enjoyed this movie, because it makes you think and it is entertaining. I'm trying not to put spoilers in my reviews, so I don't ruin movies before you get a chance to see them. It's both a chick flick and an action movie for the guys. Go ahead and have a date/movie night you will both enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this movie. I was so amped up for this movie to come out and I was definitely not disappointed. I think Liam Neeson is an amazing actor and I'll watch anything he plays in. There were so many parts in this movie where something happened that I didn't expect. I really enjoy movies that don't have cliched endings. Great twist at the end of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to watch this with my girlfriend and absolutely loved it! I loved Liam Neeson in Taken and figured this would be pretty good as well, but it turned out to be better than expected, at least in my opinion. Neeson is a pretty intense guy in these sort of films so it really sucked me in to the story.

    I will however say that I'm not too sure how this is a chick flick. If this is what chick flicks are like now....well, I would like see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen this movie yet. However, after reading your post I intend to Netflix it when it is available. After I saw Taken I gained a new respect for Liam Neeson as an actor. I mean, WOW... I never picture him in a role like that. This is similar to the reaction that i had to Matt Damon in the Bourne Identity. Thanks for the heads up about Unknown. I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently saw this movie this past week and I really enjoyed it. It's usually difficult for me to get into action type movies, however, the suspense and mystery kept me interested in it. It had a great story line and really had me guessing throughout the entire movie. Great ending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be considered a chick flick, because all he remembers is his wife. It was so romantic, true love perseveres and all that. Although, when you get to the twist, you're not sure if he actually loved her.

    ReplyDelete