Thursday, March 3, 2011

A New Resident Evil flick

 To all of you zombie horror fans, it's time to rejoice. Recent information has been released that the Resident Evil movies will continue. These movies are a pure guilty pleasure for me. I realize that they there are not for everyone, but for Max Brooks fans they are a great way to spend a few hours. They are high on action and crazy stunts, a little light on storyline but great fun. "Afterlife" was the first foray into 3D and when the executioner threw his hammer at Alice and Claire it was amazing. I hope the next one is also shot in 3D. Rumor is Milla Jovovich and Paul Anderson will return to the series. I can't wait for more news on one of my favorite movie franchises.

6 comments:

  1. I think Resident Evil is also a guilty pleasure for me. Everyone seems to bash the movies quite a bit, but so far I have enjoyed all of them. "Afterlife" was definitely a cool flick, and I agree the executioner fight scene was awesome. Even without knowing the plot for this next one, I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I will try to post any new information that pops up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite our love for 3D movies, a lot of people are unwilling to pay the higher price to see movies in this format. I went to CES and it appeared many companies are investing a lot of money on R&D for 3D technology. Do you think that 3D formats in theaters will prevail past this resistance by the viewing public? By the way, for those who love science fiction I saw Battle: Los Angeles a few days ago and it had great action scenes that more than made up for the relatively poor plot line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to see Resident Evil Afterlife in Imax 3D, but honestly other than a few places it wasn't even noticeable. It was supposed to be shot entirely in 3D, yet I took my 3D glasses off a few times and it wasn't blurry. In true 3D, the whole film is blurry without the glasses or so I thought. I need to research that further.
    In general, I believe that if they would lower the price more people would give 3D a chance and realize what a visual impact it can have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen all the Resident Evil movies, but not by choice. So I guess I'm a fan by associations. My husband loved them all and I'm sure he'll be running back to the theater as soon as it comes out. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete