Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Green Hornet(2011)

I remember watching the original television show. I loved martial arts movies and Bruce Lee when I was a kid, but I am by no means a Green Hornet purist. If you are, do not watch this movie. I've heard from good sources, it will just make you angry.

Now if you can watch Green Hornet as a stand alone picture, you are in for a surprise. A newly slimmed down Seth Rogen as Britt Reid, Jay Chou as Kato, and Cameron Diaz as the brainy temp make for a funny  movie. It was entertaining. The most uncomfortable moment was Britt and Kato having a whiny, woe is me, bromance moment that lasted about three minutes. The resulting fight scene where they take out their frustration and jealousy was worth it though. The story line is simple and classic. You have the good guys trying to beat the bad guys. What makes this movie so much fun is: cool cars, cool gadgets, good chemistry between Seth Rogen and Jay Chou, and things blow up. I think its worth the price of admission, popcorn, and drink.


5 comments:

  1. Are fake-action flicks your only genre? What did you think of The Kings Speech?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I like all types of movies. The Kings Speech was a very good movie.It seems my movie companions lean toward more commercial flicks. Most of the time I rent dramas, because I enjoy them more at home. When, I rent the next one, I'll be sure to post my review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love foreigh movies. Have you seen "Biutiful"? The main actor is "Javier Bardem" who is being nominated for two Oscars. I haven't seen it yet; but if you did, I would love to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks..I'm waiting for the DVD of Biutiful. I love Javier Bardiem, he's a great actor. I will definitely review it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green hornet looked pretty good. I don't know whether I would consider actually watching it at the movies or just red boxing it. I never knew it was a show at first, but I'm sure it should have just stuck to the television set because usually most movies that are re made don't come out as well as the original.

    ReplyDelete